4.12.09

THE SHERMANATOR

I know what you're all thinking, and no, i'm not making reference to the nerd-face in American Pie. i'm talking about the Queen of Creative Photography - Cindy Sherman.

Cindy's been around for years, and some could say she's a tad narcissistic for using herself as the model for many of her more well known photographic series, though way back in 1990 in an interview with The New York Times she told them "I feel I'm anonymous in my work. When I look at the pictures, I never see myself; they aren't self-portraits. Sometimes I disappear."

She know's how she wants her work to be viewed by others, and what it takes to reach that, which means cindy is more often that not a photographic one woman show. Maybe she doesn't like models? Maybe she's hates stylists? either way... she's a genius.

Below are some images from her "Sex" series from 1989.

Below are some more well known photographs from Cindy.





And finally..... the cover of the limited edition collaborative photo book released by Marc Jacobs, Cindy Sherman and Juergen Teller.... my three favourites, incase you didn't know.

LOVE!X

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Sherman is an endless pit of fruitful imagination.

    ReplyDelete

READERS OF THIS BLOG...

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?